Discover the world’s largest 19th century warehouse district on a 2.5-hour walking tour of Hamburg’s Speicherstadt. Enjoy breathtaking views of UNESCO World Heritage sights such as the Chilehaus. See the Kontorhausviertel, Europe's first city district solely built as an office quarter, along with the world's largest historic warehouse district – two symbols of Hamburg’s modern era of trade and an emblem of the rise of Germany as a world power.
- Take unique pictures of the warehouse district (Speicherstadt) and historic office buidings (Kontor houses)
- Admire the 1920s Chilehaus – a building shaped like a ship
- Visit a Persian carpet warehouse and learn about the craft of hand-knotted rugs
- Enjoy a cup of Hamburg's best tea or coffee
- Discover how the Speicherstadt has gone from a gritty place of industry to an attractive neighborhood
Next, soak up the unique atmosphere of the Speicherstadt (old warehouse district), and hear how it has developed from the late 19th century to the modern day and finally became a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2015. This city tour gives an overview of a recent functional conversion of the area and an impression of new life in the innovative adjacent HafenCity district.
All your senses will be involved as you enter deeper into the Speicherstadt. During a short break, enjoy a fine cup of tea or coffee in places where they used to be stored. Visit the old coffee exchange and see the old telephone booths that offered the direct connection to the New York Stock Exchange. Finally, touch some of the world's finest hand-knotted carpets during a stunning visit of a Persian rug warehouse.
The UNESCO World Heritage Tour can also be booked as a private tour for business events, groups of friends, families, etc.